Weed Control Guide for Ohio Field Crops
Roundup Ready Corn - Postemergence Herbicides
||Product Rate Range
||2 - 4 qts
Tank-mix with: Roundup Ultra Max
- Fieldmaster is a premix of glyphosate (Roundup Ultra Max), acetochlor (Harness), and atrazine that can be
applied postemergence to Roundup Ready corn. This application controls emerged weeds and provides residual activity for
- Mode of action: EPSP synthase inhibitor (glyphosate), photosynthesis inhibitor (atrazine), shoot meristem
- Can be applied until corn reaches a height of 11 inches. Apply when weeds are 4 inches tall or less to minimize weed
competition with corn.
- Reduced rates of this product can be used, but may need to be mixed with additional amounts of Roundup Ultra Max
for adequate control of emerged weeds.
- The addition of ammonium sulfate (17 lbs/100 gallons) is not required, but can improve effectiveness when using hard
water or when weeds are growing under adverse environmental conditions.
Back | Forward | Table of Contents
All educational programs conducted by Ohio State University Extension
are available to clientele on a nondiscriminatory basis without regard
to race, color, creed, religion, sexual orientation, national origin,
gender, age, disability or Vietnam-era veteran status.
Keith L. Smith, Associate Vice President for Ag. Adm. and
Director, OSU Extension.
TDD No. 800-589-8292 (Ohio only) or 614-292-6181
| Fact Sheets